Search Sun Lakes, Arizona Homes for Sale
Sun Lakes was built in three major phases, and each “phase” has its own Homeowners Association. Each HOA is an independent and separate entity, separate and apart from the other HOAs.
There are five golf club communities within the three HOAs, and each has its golf club, recreation center, and clubhouse. These are the three HOAs and the five communities in the order that they were built:
HOA #1 – Sun Lakes 1
• Sun Lakes 1: 1972-2002 – the original Sun Lakes Country Club is 2,139 mobile homes and traditional houses surrounding an executive golf course
HOA #2 – Cottonwood/Palo Verde
Cottonwood: 1979-1995 – a regulation golf course surrounded by 2,736 traditional houses and townhomes, Palo Verde: 1983-1996 – the first gated community in Sun Lakes is an executive golf course surrounded by 1,073 traditional dwellings.
HOA #3 – Iron/Oaks
Ironwood: 1987-2001 – a gated community of 734 houses surrounding a mid-length par 67 golf course Oakwood: 1994-2006 – the last and most upscale of all of the Sun Lakes communities with 3,285 traditional houses and patio homes, offering 27 holes of golf and world-class resort facilities and amenities.
Sun Lakes Amenities
- Sun Lakes has so many amenities and activities that it would be impossible to list them here. Just a few of the things you’ll enjoy at Sun Lakes are:
- Sport Courts: Numerous tennis courts, pickleball courts, shuffleboard courts, bocce ball courts, and horseshoe pits.
- Pools: Each community has at least one pool and spa for residents.
- Fitness Centers: Equipped with aerobics and strength training equipment at every clubhouse. Oakwood fitness club is a separate fee.
- Arts & Crafts: Numerous crafts and workshops: sewing, woodworking, quilting, lapidary, pottery, and more
- • Game & Recreation Rooms: Billiards Room, Card Rooms, Libraries, Meeting Rooms
- Ballrooms/auditorium: Several communities have ballrooms for gatherings, socials, dances, and stage performances sponsored by the community.
- Dining: Full-service restaurants are located at each of the golf clubs.
- Oakwood also has a poolside and fine-dining restaurant that serves excellent Sunday brunches.
- Duplicate Bridge: Regular competitive same-bridge games are held at Oakwood.
- RV Storage: Storage of RVs, boats, trailers, and cars at an inexpensive monthly rental fee.
Sun Lakes Country Club Community Info.
- 55+ Community
- 2139 Residences
- Homes Built 1972 – 2002
- Single Family, Condos, & Manufactured Home Sites
- 18 Hole Golf Course (Private)
- 3,811 yards (par 60)
- Numerous Craft / Hobby, Social & Sporting Activities
- Community Map – Coming Soon
- Sun Lakes Country Club HOA Fees 2019
- Annual Fee = $1,308.00
- Disclosure Fee = $200.00
- Monthly Fee = Monthly fees vary & apply to condos/patio homes only.
Transfer Fee = $350.00 (one time)
- Capital Improvement Fee = $1,400.00 (one time)
Sun Lakes Arizona Age Restriction
40+ Adult Country Club Lifestyle.
*Per Federal and State Laws, Sun Lakes’ five Communities (Cottonwood, Ironwood, Oakwood, Paloverde, the original Sun Lakes community are age-restricted at 55 plus. Sun Lakes voluntarily chose to allow up to 20% of the households to have at least one member aged 40–55
Search Sun Lakes Homes